From Enterprise IT Services Helpdesk
What is the UGAMail Calendar?
UGAMail's built-in calendar allows UGA students, faculty and staff to take full advantage of the new system's increased functionality and accessibility. Powered by Microsoft's Live@EDU technology, the calendar includes integration with Outlook and Entourage calendars, as well as out-of-the-box mobile device compatibility for devices like the iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile. The UGAMail Calendar has replaced the Oracle Calendar.
Please use the above tabs to navigate through this page.
Accessing the UGAMail Calendar
The UGAMail Calendar can be accessed through the webmail interface, or through any compatible Exchange-enabled clients and devices, including:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 & 2010 (Windows)
- Microsoft Outlook 2011 (Mac)
- Microsoft Entourage 2008 (Web Services Edition)
- Mac Mail (Snow Leopard/OS 10.6+ only)
- Android (Froyo/2.2+ only)
- Windows Mobile
- BlackBerry (Note:Calendar syncing on BlackBerry devices requires a subscription to a third party application such as NotifySync or AstraSync.)
Please see your departmental MVLS representative if you would like to obtain a copy of Microsoft Office products.
The web-based calendar can be accessed through the UGAMail website (click on "Calendar" in the bottom-left corner):
Request a Resource Account
- Please click here for migration information for NotifyLink users.
Listed below are multiple links to short user guides and other help resources, including frequently asked questions.
|Delegation and Sharing|
|Acting as a Delegate (Opening an account you are a delegate of. Mac Only; PC users, see "Opening a Shared Calendar")|
|Sending a Sharing Invitation|
|Adding a Delegate|
|Outlook 2010||Video Text|
|Sharing a Calendar / Changing Permissions|
|Outlook 2010||Video Text|
|Change Default Calendar Access|
|Change Default Calendar Access rights||Text|
|Opening a Shared Calendar|
|Meetings and Requests|
|Creating a Meeting|
|Creating a Meeting on a Delegated Calendar|
|Responding to Meeting Requests|
|Viewing & Organizing Multiple Calendars|
Recorded Stream of UGAMail Calendar Training
Training Session Documentation
Element K has a number of useful tutorials and guides for the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook 2007 and 2010. To access ElementK:
- Log into the MyUGA portal (http://my.uga.edu)
- Click on the "Element K" icon in the bottom-left corner.
Microsoft Documentation and Information
- Outlook 2010 Calendar Training Course - A self-paced course useful for beginners using the calendar in Outlook 2010.
- Quick Reference Card - Overview of basic calendar functions, printer-ready.
- Introduction to Calendar Sharing - Overview of Calendar sharing.
- Managing Automatic Meeting Responses - Guide for maintaining a clean inbox for those who handle several meeting requests.
More documentation is forthcoming. Configuration instructions for your client or device are available on the UGAMail article.
Can everyone see my calendar?
Only individuals within UGA can see your calendar. By default, they may only view your free and busy times; detailed information, such as subject, location, attendees, etc. is not visible.
- This can be changed through Outlook 2007 and 2010 (modify the permission settings for Default).
- Please see the article "Change Default Calendar Access rights."
- This does not apply to individuals with FERPA restrictions, who are invisible in the Global Address List.
Can I have more than just one calendar?
- Yes, it is possible to have multiple, sharable calendars.
How can I manage someone else's UGAMail Calendar?
- Please see the Sharing a Calendar section.
How do I request a resource account?
- Use the form available here: Calendar Resource Request
Are there any differences between student and faculty/staff calendars?
- There are no differences between student and faculty/staff calendars. With the proper permissions, faculty and staff members will be able to schedule meetings with students, while students will now be able to schedule resources.
I cannot find someone in the Global Address List. How can I share my calendar with them?
Individuals not found in the Global Address List (GAL) have restricted their information, likely due to FERPA.
- Enter their full UGA email address instead of their first and last name when prompted.
I cannot be found in the Global Address List. How do I fix this?
All faculty and staff members should be listed in the GAL, unless as students they added a FERPA restriction through OASIS. You should appear in the GAL the day after removing the restriction. If not, please Contact the EITS Help Desk.
How do I create a repeating/recurring meeting?
- In UGAMail Webmail (OWA), click on the fourth icon at the top of the New Appointment window (the two black circular arrows).
- In Microsoft Outlook 2007 & 2010, look for the "Recurrence" button in the Options subsection of the Appointment Tab in the New Appointment window.
My calendar in Outlook is not showing the latest entries, but I can see them on the web. What is happening?
Your Outlook profile likely has become corrupt. Please Contact the EITS Help Desk for assistance in creating a new profile.