Setting up Outlook 2007 & 2010 (IMAP)
From Enterprise IT Services Helpdesk
These guide will demonstrate how to set up Outlook 2007 and 2010 to use IMAP. IMAP will allow you to sync your messages and folders, but not contacts and calendar, with UGAMail.
- Close any open sessions of Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the Start Menu and then click on Control Panel.
- In the control panel, select Classic View in the left column.
- In Windows 7, in the upper right hand corner next to View By, choose Small Icons.
- If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, instead of clicking classic view or small icons, click on the Additional Options icon and then View 32-bit Control Panel items.
- Scroll down to icon entitled, Mail and double-click on it.
- In the Mail Setup window, click the button E-mail Accounts...
- In the Account Settings window that appears, click on the New... button.
- Select E-Mail Account, then enter your first and last name in the Your Name field, and your UGA email address in the E-mail address field.
- Select Manually configure server settings and additional server types. Click Next
- In the E-mail Account Setup Wizard, choose Internet Email, then click Next
- For Server Type', select the option IMAP and then click Next
- Under User Information, type in your full name into the Your Name field
- Enter your UGA email address into the E-Mail Address" field
- Beneath the Server Information heading, fill in both the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server with pod51004.outlook.com
- For User Name, underneath Logon Information, enter your UGA email address, and for Password, enter your MyID password
- Click on the More Settings button.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab and place checks next to the options, My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Next to Use the following type of encrypted connection:
- Underneath Incoming Server, select SSL in the dropdown menu.
- Underneath Outgoing Server, select TLS.
- Under Incoming Server, enter the port number 993
- Under Outgoing Server, enter the port number 587
- Press OK to close this window.
- Click Next, then Finish to complete and close the setup wizard.