From Enterprise IT Services Helpdesk
What is UGAMail?
UGAMail is the campus email service powered by the Microsoft Office 365 Education service. It provides access to email, calendaring, and task management using the web interface (Outlook Web App, or OWA), desktop clients such as Outlook 2010, and through smart phones (e.g. iPhone, Android devices).
How Do I Access UGAMail?
UGAMail can be accessed online through the following locations:
You may also configure a desktop client or mobile device to check your UGAMail account.
Note: The urls "email.uga.edu" and "webmail.uga.edu" are no longer supported. Please update your web browser bookmarks to "http://ugamail.uga.edu"! You may also need to clear your web browser cache and history.
The web interface for UGAMail is called the Outlook Web App. Instructions on how to do a few basic tasks within this interface can be found in the following article:
Outlook 2007-2013, Entourage, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, iPhone, iPad and Android devices can all be configured to use the UGAMail system to sync one's email, calendar, and contacts.
- Please see UGAMail (Documentation) for specific device and email application setup instructions
Which Applications are Recommended?
EITS recommends the following products and applications for use with UGAMail (minimum version listed):
Note: mobile web browsers are not compatible with UGAMail web. Use your device's equivalent "Mail" app.
What is not supported?
The following applications are not supported by Office 365 Education (or are no longer officially supported by their developer) and are therefore not supported by EITS:
- Safari 5.1.10 or older
- Microsoft Office 2003 and older
- Entourage 2008
- Mac OS 10.5 Leopard
- Windows Live Mail
- Outlook Express
- Windows XP
- Official Office 365 app (iOS, Android)
Additionally, Internet Explorer 8 will no longer be supported as of April 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
See main article: UGAMail (FAQ)
Safari Browser: Why can I not compose a new message, reply, or navigate between calendar and people?
Apple Safari on Mac OS X 10.6.x and earlier do not function properly with the Office 365 upgraded web client. Affected users cannot navigate between e-mail, calendar, and people, nor can they compose a new message or reply. EITS recommends the following alternatives:
- Use a different web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, when accessing UGAMail on the web.
- Use the Safari browser on Mac OS X 10.7-10.9.
Why can't I sign in?
- First, access the UGAMail Homepage: http://ugamail.uga.edu
- Be sure to update your bookmarks to http://ugamail.uga.edu!
- Click on the blue Log in to UGAMail button.
- You will be taken to the Office 365 sign in page (pictured to the right).
- You may have to sign out of any personal Microsoft account first (e.g. one used for Skype or Hotmail). If you are told you need to sign out of your Office 365 account, click on the "Click Here to sign out" link, then head back to ugamail.uga.edu. You should now see the screen to the right.
- Log in with your full UGA email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and MyID password.
- If this is your first time logging in, make certain you have answered your secret question and answer responses for your MyID.
- Try changing your MyID password .
- If you continue to experience problems logging in, please Contact the EITS Help Desk.
When I log in, all of my mail is missing! What happened?
You may have signed into your consumer Outlook.com account instead of your Office 365 Education account.
- First, make sure you sign out of this account (click on your name in the upper-right corner and choose "Sign Out").
- Next, head to http://mail.office365.com
- Log in with your MyIDusername@uga.edu and your MyID password.
- You should see your mail items as normal. If not, please Contact the EITS Help Desk.
Why can't I sign out?
Periodically, users may receive the following error message when attempting to log out of UGAMail/Office 365:
- Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you out
Try closing and reopening your browser. If that does not work, try clearing the cookies from your browser and signing in again. If this message was displayed after attempting to sign out of an app, close and restart the app.
Despite receiving this error, we have found that the logout was actually successful. You can disregard this message.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Please see UGAMail (FAQ)