News and Announcements
Welcome back students!
Connecting Your Devices to the Internet:
You can register your devices (gaming consoles, laptops, etc.) here: https://drp.uga.edu/
You can find a detailed guide for connecting to the network here (including finding your MAC Address)
Finding Your Cable Channels:
Cable television on campus now only provides digital channels. Older televisions–mostly TVs manufactured prior to late 2007 (HD or not)–generally do not have built-in digital Clear QAM tuners and therefore cannot pick up these channels while performing a channel scan.
- First, make sure your television is connected to the wall using a coaxial cable.
- Open your television's setup menu. Make sure that "source" is set to "Cable" instead of "Antenna."
- Next, perform a full channel scan. This can take some time, as all of the channels are digital.
- If your television does not auto-detect channel types, you may have to set autoscan (also known as Channel Scan or Channel Search) to search for digital channels (instead of analog).
If you are unable to find any channels after performing a full scan, your television may not have an internal Clear-QAM digital tuner. Please consult your owner's manual (or owner's website) to confirm. In some rare cases, you may have a bad connection or damaged wall jack. If so, please contact us for further assistance.
Microsoft Student Advantage is a program offered by Microsoft which allows currently enrolled students to use Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus for free! Click on this article link for more details about the program, and how to obtain your copy of Microsoft Office.
Click to Expand Instructions
Java 7 Update 67, the latest version of the Java runtime environment, will block many services due to the introduction of new security restrictions. Services such as OASIS and Kronos may be blocked in your web browser of choice. We recommend adding an exception for each website. More information.
About UsThe EITS Help Desk is the central point of contact for computing services available to UGA faculty, staff, students, and affiliates. We provide information, documentation, and support for EITS core services, including:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I download Microsoft Office for free?
- How do I register for classes in Athena?
- Why can't I sign into UGAMail?
- I forgot my MyID password, what do I do?
- How do I configure my e-mail client or mobile device to work with the new UGAMail?
- How do I connect to the internet in my dorm room?
View all frequently asked questions for EITS services.
Hours of Operation
- 8:00am - 10:00pm (Monday - Thursday)
- 8:00am - 6:00pm (Friday)
- 1:00pm - 7:00pm (Saturday - Sunday)
Closed for UGA home football games and Labor Day weekend.